Today is Friday, October 21, 2016
To All It May Concern: We DO NOT Mow Grass.
LSL now Offers Pasture Management.
See details Under Lawn Care.
Southern Maryland / Waldorf / Charles County
Lawn Care Services - Complete Seeding Services
L.S.L. Lawn Service, Inc. is a locally owned and operated lawn care service business based in Southern Marylandís Hughesville. We analyze your lawn determining what type of grass and soil it has, your turf’s density, exposure, diseases, insects, weeds and whether there is pet damage. We then come up with a lawn service maintenance program catering to your lawn’s needs.
Now Offering 10% Discount on Seeding.
Since our staff has seen and done it all for 28 years, no job is too big or too small for us. Since we are a hands on business, we can be extremely flexible with our clients and pay attention to detail often overlooked by our large corporate competition. Our technicians evaluate and analyze each lawn and then treat it with the services it needs without needing managerial approval like some of our competition.
We provide these lawn care services to homeowners in the areas of Charles County, St. Mary’s County and Calvert County Maryland including these communities: Charlotte Hall, Mechanicsville, Hollywood, California, Leonardtown, Lexington Park, Great Mills and La Plata, and in King George, Virginia.
To schedule a FREE Lawn analysis Click Here.
Why Choose Us?
- Lawn care service programs custom-made to your lawn's needs
- A lawn care service program built around your desires of how you want your lawn to look
- Certified trained lawncare professionals with 28 years experience
- Meticulous, expert service all season long
- FREE service calls within 48 hours
- Green, environmental, and certified organic options providing strong and green lawns helping cool the environment, filter rainwater, prevent erosion and improve air quality.
- No long-term commitments; you are free to stop your program at any time.
To schedule a FREE Lawn Analysis, Click Here.
Frequently Asked Questions|
Will our fertilizers dry out my lawn during the summer?
No, they help your lawn endure the summer heat and help your lawn's recovery when you water after a drought.
Why won't my weeds die?
Weeds start to curl and shrivel in about a week but may take up to three weeks to be dead.
What about dandelion prevention?
They can only be controlled in late spring, after they have sprouted.
How soon can I water my lawn after a treatment?
At least 24 hours is needed until our products are absorbed by the weeds.
Are the beetles I see on my lawn grubs?
After ornamentals, shrubs and some trees loose their leaves, beetles lay their eggs in the soil and hatch into grubs that feed on the roots of your lawn, depriving it of nourishment.
Can you help with fleas and ticks in our yard?
Yes, we can treat your lawn in the summer to control the fleas and ticks.
Can your weed control be applied on a rainy day?
As long as the product is not washed off the leaf where it is absorbed, control will occur.
Why are you lawn services better than others we have tried in the past?
Our technicians evaluate and analyze your lawn and can treat your lawn without needing managerial approval like some of our competition.
Do you guarantee your services?
We are not satisfied until you are… Guaranteed.
Can we mow the lawn the same day of treatment?
Yes, but do not mow for at least 24 hours after we apply our weed control products.
Do we need to stay off the lawn after treatment?
If granular treatment of fertilizers were applied you may enjoy your lawn but if a liquid weed control was applied usually one to several hours is needed for it to dry based on weather conditions.
Are your products safe for my kids and pets?
Our fertilizers contain many of the same active ingredients that your local nursery or garden store provides you. When our professional technicians comply with labeled instructions, they do not represent any significant hazard to your family or pets.
To schedule a FREE Lawn Analysis, Click Here.
We analyze your lawn determining what type of grasses it has, and if it has desirable or undesirable diseases, insects and weeds. Then based on the size of the lawn we can give the cost per lawn service maintenance application. We then determine soil condition, make up and if compacted and determine if the lawn needs: seeding, organics, aeration or full renovation.
Humic Supplement Application
Humic acids stimulate the microbial action in the soil, reduces soil compaction, enhancing water penetration and stimulating seed and root activity.
Humic acids improve the quality and density of turf and help increase the cation exchange capacity of the soil. This supplement increases the long-term health of the soil, improving the effectiveness of future fertilization applications and reduction in leaching in the environment.
Over time your soil naturally becomes compacted leaving the subsoil undesirable for healthy lawn growth, so we recommend core aeration for these reasons:
- Stimulates Root Growth
- Enhance Water Uptake
- Reduce Compaction
- Improve Oxygen Content
- Enhance Thatch Control
- Improve Nutrient Availability
What is a soil test?
It is a process by which elements (phosphorus, potassium, calcium, magnesium, sodium, sulfur, manganese, copper and zinc) are chemically removed from the soil and measured for their “plant available” content within the sample. The quantity of available nutrients in the sample determines the amount of fertilizer that is recommended.
Why do you need a soil test?
- Encourages plant growth by providing the best time and fertilizer recommendations
- Diagnoses whether there is too little or too much of a nutrient
- Promotes environmental quality
- Saves money that might otherwise be spent on unneeded lime and fertilizer
To schedule a FREE Lawn Analysis, Click Here.
Grasscycling is the natural recycling of grass clippings by simply leaving them on the lawn after lawn mowing.
- Improve lawn quality
- Saves time and work
- Does not cause thatch
- Will not damage lawn
- Does not spread lawn disease
- Too wet to incinerate
- All mowers can grasscycle
- Collecting clipping is more expensive (most states will ban yard waste in 2-5 years)
- It is a responsible environmental practice
Other Southern Maryland Lawn Care Services
Natural Pest Control
LSL now offers natural pest control without pesticides but with beneficial insects like ladybugs and nematodes which prey on harmful insects or their larvae.
Deer Tick Control and Deer Tick Lawn Treatment
If you are concerned about Lyme disease and the existence of deer ticks (which carry, and spread, bacteria that cause it) in your yard, L.S.L. can apply a treatment to the area between lawn areas and wooded areas (where you find deer ticks) and to the lawn area if necessary to reduce in the number of ticks on your landscape.
Safe and Effective Mole and Vole Control Repellents
The mole and vole repellent products LSL uses are safe and effective products made with natural and environmentally friendly ingredients. These products are made with castor oil, an emulsifier, and cinnamon, garlic and pepper oils. LSL recommends that you let the repellent dry before you let your pet or children play in the yard because they may come in smelling like castor oil and garlic!
LSL now offers Pasture Management to our clients in Southern MD.
LSL offers pasture management practices that when applied to your pasture will enable you to get a better performance from it cutting back or even eliminating the need for supplemental feeding, thus keeping your livestock healthy, well fed, and also possibly saving you money.
Let Us Help You Create & Maintain Healthy Pasture Grasses!
- 85-90% of a mole’s food sources consumed are worms
Other food sources are insects, larvae, grubs and some moles will even eat mice if possible!
- .5 oz mole will consume 45-50 lbs of food a year!
- Adult moles can dig up to 18 feet per hour (3.6” per minute
- Moles travel up to 80 feet per minute in an existing run (16” per second)
- Moles live solitary lives except in early spring breeding seasons
- Moles are known for building very complex labyrinths of tunnels
- Most common lawn mole in the US is the eastern mole
The eastern mole has these characteristics:
- No exterior ears
- Little tail used as lever
- Little rear legs & front arms have large claws
- Lifespan of three years
The biggest myth about moles is that: “If you remove your grubs you will get rid of your moles”
- Voles are commonly know as meadow mice or field mice in US
- Voles are herbivore: eats grasses, seeds, root systems etc.
- Voles build surface runways through grass mostly notably seen after snow melts
Voles have these characteristics:
- Voles are covered with fur
- Voles have exterior ears
- Voles’ teeth continue to grow entire life
- Voles have various body sizes based on type and environment
For Estimate on Mole or Vole control click here
Yellow Nutsedge Weed Control
Yellow Nutsedge Weeds
Yellow Nutsedge is a common perennial weed found in many home lawns and other turfgrass areas. The color, growth habit, and rapid growth rate make it a prominent disruption in the appearance of high quality lawns. In addition to home lawns, this weed is among the most noxious weeds in the turfgrass areas of parks, industrial grounds, athletic fields, and golf courses.
Yellow nutsedge’s color, texture, and growth habit contribute to a visual incompatibility with the desirable lawn turf grasses including:
- Vertical leave lengthening making them protrude above the canopy of the desirable grasses
- Make lawns unsightly during the mid to late summer period
- Flourish under warm, wet or low, damp lawn conditions during summers with above normal rainfall
- Improper mowing, nutrient deficiencies, insect damage and drought stress, reduces the density or competitive ability of the desirable turfgrasses, often lead to more yellow nutsedge populations.
Yellow nutsedge is not controlled with applications of traditional annual grass weed or broadleaf weed control products. It requires the use of very specific herbicides initiated when the weeds are young and immature to achieve satisfactory control. Eradication from lawns, although complex, can be accomplished through the following approaches:
DIY Homeowner Treatment
Regularly performed Hand pulling may be the best way to selectively eradicate the weeds by removing the entire plant and root systems when the weeds are young and immature. If pulling mature plants and they break off it allows regrowth and tuber development to continue. Homeowners are advised to recheck the area from time to time for regrowth.
Homeowner Herbicide Treatment
- Where large areas of yellow nutsedge are present, homeowners may eliminate this weed through the use of herbicides. Accurate applications of these herbicides are required
- One application followed by a repeat application made 10 to 14 days following the first
- Avoid mowing three to five days before and after treatment
- For complete absorption do not water the lawn for at least 24 to 48 hours after application
- Initiated in late spring or early summer when weed is young, actively growing, and most sensitive to herbicidal control.
- Once this weed matures, control is difficult regardless of the treatment schedule.
For FREE Estimate or DIY Consultation click here
Professional Lawn Care Application
"Basagran" (bentazon) and "Manage" (halosulfuron) are the most effective turfgrass herbicides currently available for yellow nutsedge control but are not sold through typical retail outlets. Homeowners who wish to have either of these herbicides applied are encouraged to contact a licensed, commercial lawn applicator like L.S.L. Lawn Service. A few weeks time may be required to eliminate the present plants and repeat applications may be necessary at a later time to control germinating nutlets. These herbicides perform best when treatments are made on young, actively growing nutsedge plants.
For FREE estimate on Professional application of these herbicides click here
Ask us about the other services we can provide!